Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Things She Says!


We've been trying to write down some of the things Jemma has been saying lately because they are so wonderful and unexpected. Here is a smattering:

Upon seeing a staircase made of Mexican tiles she said, "Those steps make a rhythm sound, like when you tap your toes!"

"I know you're disappointed mom, but you still love me. Even when you're mad you still love me."

In response to sleep being the most important thing for growing, Jemma without missing a beat said, "Well actually food is the most important thing for growing."

On talent:
Mom, you have a real talent.
I do? For what, for being your mom?
No, for just being you!

"Talent comes in a little ball from your arm and then it moves up into your shoulder and down into your tummy and then you have talent. You already have yours, mom, my talent is coming tomorrow.
I see, and what will you have a talent for?
Dancing! I will have a talent for dancing!"

"Do you know how to say hyacinth in Spanish? Cincinitta."

"I'm super contagious - I love you so much and that's contagious!"

After her Dad kissed her on the cheek:
"Ow', your beard! My beard is deep inside and it will never come out!"

3 comments:

1roms said...

Jemma is an outstanding girl and I can tell someday this girl will be a successful woman.

Donna said...

Okay, I'm tickled!! Jemma is such a sweetie!

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

marilyn said...

Oh, these are great! We started writing Emilia's down too. It's too easy to forget. Can't wait to have a conversation with her!